Cultural Diversity and Inclusion Consulting
- We conduct a meticulous cultural diversity needs assessment.
- We tailor our program to your cultural diversity training needs. Our workshops are very interactive, highly participatory, based on accelerated learning and on Adult Experiential learning principles. Real world examples are integrated based on past experiences. Real world concerns are analyzed and addressed in the manner that will enhance the goals of the organization.
- We help organizations develop a workplace environment in which our differences are used as assets rather than liabilities?”
- We conclude our cultural diversity training sessions with fun team building activities in which up to a hundred participants use their various skills and cultural backgrounds to successfully solve common problems.
- Additionally, we develop strategies for following up the training and for maintaining the organization's long-term commitment to diversity.
- We deliver a detailed written report of the training for the organization’s record and future references.
All World Languages & Cultures offers the following cultural diversity training and educational services. (Click here to read an evaluation of our most recent training.)
1. Cultural Diversity Awareness All people view the world through "cultural lenses" that we construct or are imposed upon us by society. The first major step towards successful interaction with others is to become aware of the presence and the impact of these lenses in our daily attitudes and behaviors.
- Demonstrate cultural awareness sensitivity as they relate to diversity initiatives, based on the creation of REAL culture shocks in the group.
- Recognize when cultural factors may be influencing interpersonal dynamics and work relationships;
- Develop an understanding of their cultural biases, fears and stereotypes, and learn how these affect their perception and interaction with others.
- Enhance their effectiveness in cross-cultural communications and problem solving capabilities in order to boost personal and organizational productivity;
- Develop strategies to create a cohesive, culturally diverse work environment.
- Develop an understanding of cultural diversity research, policies and procedures,global diversity, race and gender issues, class, sexual harassment and age considerations.
- Work as a team in a character building activity designed to teach players respect and teamwork, collaboration and responsibility, and promote acceptance and trustin a fun and very enjoyable environment.
2. Cultural Diversity and Intercultural Communication in the Workplace Successful communication is essential in a diverse workplace. Organizations with a diverse workforce are at risk of not being as productive as they can be if co-workers and managers have little understanding of the diversity in communication styles.
- Develop an understanding of cultural diversity research, policies and procedures, global diversity, race and gender issues, class, sexual harassment and age considerations in the workplace.
- Learn conflict resolution skills through well designed exercises.
- Recognize and interpret diverse verbal and nonverbal communication styles including diverse gestures at the workplace.
- Learn how to say what you mean.
Our goal is to help organizations and their employees design and manage a DAC by providing training and support to members of the diversity council.
The members of the Diversity Advisory Council (DAC) will:
- Serve as informational liaisons to all employees by building an institutional culture that accepts, respects and values differences.
- Achieve a workplace where every employee feels included, valued and respected, and an environment diverse in thought, experience, and action.
- Create, sponsor and support the education of a diversified workforce and enhanced workplace productivity in keeping with the mission of the organization.
- Help the organization's leadership recruit and maintain a diverse workforce and encourage open and honest discussion among employees.
Our services are often requested by government agencies, educational institutions, corporations and businesses in the Greater Kansas City (KC, MO and KC, KS) area including Lee's Summit, Overland Park, Olathe, Blue Springs, Shawnee Mission, Independence as well as nationwide.
- Enhance relationships between co-workers, clients, suppliers and the community through greater understanding and appreciation of differences.
- Provide high quality, dynamic and responsive programs and services to the organization, and help in peaceful conflict resolution.
- Promote diversity initiatives and EEO strategy that are strategically linked to business objectives.
- Help the organization reduce employee turnover.
- Encourage, promote and reward employee productivity in diverse settings.
- Design relevant activities to increase the organization's marketability and image.
- Encourage leadership to promote a spectrum of perspectives and view differences as assets. By doing so, the organization can unleash all employee's potential and create a diverse, talented and committed workforce.
- Cultural Diversity Education and Consulting
- Workplace Diversity Consulting
- Diversity Advisory Council
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Inclusion Advisory Council
- Workplace Cultural Training
- Cross-cultural Training
- Intercultural Communication Training
- Team building
- Cultures of Africa
- World Cultures
"Dr. Emmanuel Ngomsi’s delivery of Cultural Diversity in the Workplace in August was outstanding! Most of the one hundred and nineteen employees who were in attendance stated that the seminar was, “fun, entertaining, informative, interactive, stress-relieving, and very professionally presented.” For those of you who missed this dynamic diversity seminar, the session was taped and the tape is available at the Medical Library. I strongly encourage the showing of this video at staff meetings."
Cultural Diversity in Kansas City, Missouri
Marci Tarrant, AA, BPA, MBA.
EEO Director, VA Hospitals.